Social Media Manager – Cardiff or London (plenty of remote working available, long term)
£24k – £30k full – time (remote working to start and then flexible working, regular visits to Cardiff but could be London or South West based)
We’re recruiting for an outgoing, organised and intelligent individual who’s keen to establish themselves at this brilliant award-winning social media marketing agency in Cardiff. This is an environment where you can make your mark, work your magic, and hopefully thrive!
Quote reference LG 263 when you send your CV and a covering letter for this role, letting us know why you are interested and what you can bring to the team.
You’ll have to be happy being based in Cardiff regularly (several times a month) after the pandemic, and also working remotely for your onboarding and early part of your career here!
Day to day
You will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of the agency client’s social media accounts. The role is incredibly varied and requires a strong understanding of social media across both organic and paid channels. Being the face of the agency and so the ability to communicate effectively and in an engaging way is a must. We’re here to build genuine relationships, not just transactions (and also have some fun!)
With clients are from all over the UK, across a range of industries including professional sport, e-commerce, hospitality and events, you’ll be a natural multi-tasker with exceptional communications skills.
- Ensure your clients projects are looked after effectively, managing both your own tasks and the tasks of those that are also involved on the account
- Manage between 2-5 accounts, depending on the size of the clients
- Enjoy lots of comms with your clients— whether it’s updating them on the amazing results we’ve been generating, taking them for a coffee and catching up about their daughter’s latest escapades in the school nativity or chasing them up because we’ve been asking for the same piece of content for weeks!
- Gain a thorough understanding of your client’s business and major trends shaping their market/s
- Work across various platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube & TikTok
- Deliver varying work from campaign planning & strategy, summarise data and results, write reports, copywriting, engagement —both proactive and reactive, scheduling, basic social advertising, keeping on top of social trends & platforms, build landing pages, blog writing, influencer campaigns etc!
- At least 2 years of experience in social media management/marketing
- Experience & knowledge working across a mix of social channels
- Experience in strategy planning, writing creative briefs, briefing the creative team
- Excellent written skills—you can write concisely, have copywriting experience & can spot a typo a mile off
- A confident communicator—you’ll need to be super comfortable picking up the phone on an ad hoc basis, leading weekly calls, and monthly meetings with your clients
- You approach tasks wholeheartedly and with an enthusiastic manner
- You’re the kind of person who is always looking for & learning from new information & experiences
Rewards and benefits
Competitive salary – £24,000 – £30,000 depending on experience, a generous personal learning & development budget, dedicated development days, work from anywhere Wednesdays, generous holidays, flexible working, bonus, pension, team trips….