Finding your ideal job is hard! And the excitement of progression or a new career is often clouded by the daunting and tiring task of job searching. Similar to our ‘five reasons why your company should you use a recruitment agency’ blog, we wanted to share ten reasons why candidates should too.
1. You aren’t ALONE – working with a recruiter means you’re not totally alone in your job search and can help ease some of the stress off the task.
2. It’s QUICK & EFFICIENT – job hunting is time-consuming, searching for opportunities, uploading CV’s and chasing companies can take hours. By using a recruiter, you split the workload.
3. It’s FREE – recruitment agencies are entirely FREE for job seekers. Their job is to find you jobs; they are the middleman between candidates and companies!
4. It’s OUR JOB – recruiters work on behalf of businesses all day every day. They are ultimately hired to find people for their jobs.
5. They usually have a WIDER VARIETY OF JOBS – not all positions are posted on job boards and some companies only rely on recruitment agencies. Therefore, they can open a larger network of clients who are looking for staff, which of course, is beneficial to you.
6. They have a RELATIONSHIP with their clients – this is one of the most significant advantages of using an agency. Often there is already a level of trust built between the two parties; which means if the recruiter is happy to share your CV with the client, it will be looked at in detail, giving you a better chance of getting an interview.
7. They have INSIDER TIPS – which can mean anything from sharing the company’s culture to advising on what to wear to the interview. This insider knowledge is worth its weight in gold and can take away a lot of the stress of job hunting.
8. They are EXPERTS – you’ll be allocated a recruiter who should know everything there is to know about the job market you’re interested in. They will be able to provide interviewing, CV and cover letter top tips!
9. They provide candidate FEEDBACK from the client – not receiving feedback is probably one of the most frustrating parts of job hunting. Recruiters will be able to offer constructive criticism and help you understand why you weren’t successful. This enables you to strengthen your interview skills in time for your next attempt.
10. Forming a good RELATIONSHIP with your recruitment consultant is very important, they are on your side, and you want you to get your dream job… so why don’t you give it a try?